Sunday, 22 July 2018
Activities Outside the Classroom
Lit Quiz - Throughout Term One I was in charge of the KNS Lit QuizTeams that went to Cobham to compete. I held trials for the two teams, practiced with them throughout lunchtimes and intervals and then they went to the event. They had a lot of fun on the day and made the local press.
https://www.star.kiwi/2018/03/watch-battle-bookworms/
Debaters - Throughout Term Two I was in charge of the KNS debate team. We practiced throughout lunchtimes and through personal learning and put together a strong debate about why 'School was not the best place to learn.' Though we didn't win against Woodend Ayla, Georgia, Jade and Brooke worked hard to deliver their speeches (Georgia winning best speaker) and I enjoyed coaching them through - particularly since none had done debating before. The role involved setting up teams, coaching them through, getting judges and setting up the space.
Young Writers - I have been in charge of setting up the young writers each Term. There has been a range of short story competitions.
Basketball - Over the Term 2 Holidays, I was able to take the Development Boys Basketball Team away to a tournament in Oamaru. I went as the manager of the team for the full four days of the trip.
Knowing nothing about Basketball it was a good chance to learn from the boys and connect with students/ teachers and Whanua from across our syndicate. It was an awesome experience our Development boys did well, the Girls A team came 2nd and the Boys A took out the competition.
Below are the boys from Room 21 who went on the trip and an email from a boy in the class who requires strong connections throughout our space. I was glad I went particularly for that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Thank you Celeste. It is great to see how involved you are throughout the wider school community. As a second year teacher and first year at KNS, you show strength in willingly putting your hand up and taking new opportunities. Always call on your team for support if needed.
ReplyDelete