Monday, 27 August 2018

Creating Valuable Feedback for Students

It is important to give and create valuable feedback for students to progress and continue to strive to better their own work. It helps to do this on the spot or leave comments in their books to remind them later.

As a teacher in the Tiwai space, I find I am mostly giving feedback to students orally as I rove around the learning space. By doing this I am able to provide immediate help and pinpoint at the time what the student needs to be doing in order to improve their work. This allows them to do this at the time rather than revisiting it later. For subjects such as reading and writing, I find I leave comments in books as I am going through them with students in order for them to revisit them at a later date. When students complete blog posts we also leave comments. Usually writing a good thing they have done and then something they could improve on next time.


Here are some examples of leaving valuable feedback...








1 comment:

  1. Keep the feedback both orally and written going strong. You work as a team and use the agreed upon approach with highlighter marking, 2 medals and a back pack. It supports collaboration, teacher expectation and student expectations.

    ReplyDelete