Throughout Maths and Writing workshops we consistently write WALTS on the board that students copy into their books. This gives them a clear intention for there lessons and enables them to be able to refer back.


While taking groups or whole class lessons as teachers we consistently refer back to the learning intentions.
We also keep Modelling Books in our space in order to promote students referring back to their work and making sure they understand what they have been taught.
I managed a modeling book for each Group in Maths, my workshops in Maths, My home class writing and my Reading groups. These books always have the WALT at the top of the page and an example of the question or writing glued in. This is always something I have sat and modeled with the group.





In reflection, I think I will need to be more consistent with modeling books from now until the end of the term. I started off strong within Term One and Two. It was beneficial for me to keep all my documents together and for the students to refer back too. However, I have definitely slacked off this term and haven't worked to keep my modeling books consistent. This is something I aim to do.
Modeling and the use of modeling books is a really good way to record sessions and give students an opportunity to go back and revise. The learning intentions also help engage and focus our tamariki. Great job Celeste, keep progressing with the modeling books and set them up for all groups and warm ups.
ReplyDelete