Sunday, 10 March 2019

Camp!

This year for Camp we went to Waipara!

It was a lot of fun getting to Connect with the students across our hub, learn more about them and help them overcome their fears.  I was impressed with how everybody got along and the way that camp was organized and managed.

The kids had it a bit tough on day two - not as tough as Steph and Caitlin though - as we broke the news to them that they had had a car accident on their way up to visit us and that Phil was going to be leaving after Term 2. Bit of a rollercoaster to say the least!

It was a great chance to not only talk with the kids but the parents of our syndicate and the new teachers I am working with - Olivia and I also did a bit of character building sleeping in our accommodation at the top of the hill.

Overall it was a fantastic camp! My favorite activity was just hanging out at the waterhole and jumping off those rope swing (where I think you could of found me from about 1 - 4pm on the second day)

1 comment:

  1. Your dedication to building relationships with students is evident here Celeste. You go above and beyond to make connections.

    ReplyDelete